1. What’s included in my technical training membership?
Each technical training membership includes full access to our R curriculum, with downloadable reference guides, practical exercises to build up your portfolio, and R templates so you can easily apply the techniques you learn to your work.
You’ll also be able to post in our forums for additional support and receive certifications for the courses you complete.
2. What’s included in my managers training membership?
Each managers training membership includes full access to our managers track, with downloadable reference guides and practical worksheets to help you think through and implement a data-driven strategy. By the end of the track, you’ll be able to successfully communicate with and manage your data science team.
3. What will I learn from your courses?
All of our courses are taught with practical applications in mind – when you finish our analyst curriculum, you’ll be able to implement advanced data analyses and understand the limitations and implications of each one. Our managers course goes through the uses of popular data tools, the advantages and disadvantages of common data science methods, and tips to hire the right data scientists for your needs.
4. How are you different than other online curricula?
We’re so glad you asked! Here is what you won’t get anywhere else:
- – We take students from the 101 level to using advanced data science algorithms in less than 30 hours of instruction time.
- – We go through each technique step-by-step, from data acquisition to data cleaning and beyond. First, we walk you through the math intuitively so you’ll be able to explain it to your boss or client. Then, we walk through how each function works with practical worked examples.
- – We use real data sets and multiple case studies for each data science method so you know when and how to use each one and what to watch out for.
- – We provide you with all the tools you need to succeed, including downloadable reference guides, practical exercises, and reusable code templates.
- – We design our courses from the ground up – instead of relying on individual instructors, we produce each course with a team of data scientists and instructional designers to ensure robustness, utility, and intuitive instruction.
5. Who are your courses for?
Our curriculum is designed for professionals who need to pick up a data analytics skill set quickly so they can save themselves time and increase their ability to pull insights from data. We’ve seen the biggest impact in the marketing, healthcare, and finance industries, but we’ve had many students in other fields use our courses to solve challenging problems. We don’t require a background in coding or statistics, just some basic experience working with data in Excel (or a similar tool) and a desire to learn.
6. Why do you only have a set number of courses?
There is a finite number of techniques and commands you need to learn in order to address the vast majority of problems. Instead of providing hundreds of courses that are difficult to navigate, we give you a clear path to learn the skills you need in the most efficient way possible.
7. Why do you teach R over Python or Excel?
There is always a back-and-forth between the R users and Python users – the truth is that both are excellent open-source tools, but have different uses. R has a larger library of functions for data analysis and visualizations, while Python is best used by programmers for data products and for accessing distributed big data repositories. Both R and Python have more flexibility, can handle a lot more data and are much faster than Excel. They also have far superior data visualization capabilities.